Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Working with wonderful Yarn

Oh Joy, how can I describe my new job, it is sort of a knitters heaven, I mean I get to play with lovely yarns and gorgous knitting paraphenalia and I get paid for it, well ok there is some actual work involved, lol. Like organizing storage and preparing orders and packing them for postage but this is all fun, fun, fun, even when the stupid packing tape machine bites me.


Monday Ingrid and I attended the Knitters Guild meeting and altho there was only one face that I was familiar with it was nice to know that some of the original members were still attending.

We were made to feel very welcome and enjoyed morning tea and a guest speaker which was a bonus. It was a lovely lady from Wraps with Love who explained how the organisation started and just how many people hear in Australia and overseas they have touched with their warm and wonderful hand knitted or hand crochet wraps.

So if you have bit of spare yarn a bit of time and the desire to help others, go and check out their website and see just how much you efforts will mean to another person.

Today I was able to clear out one of the cupboards for Ingrid - it was full of gorgeous sample yarns and other bits and pieces that Ingrid had intended to donate to both the girls school and for Wraps with Love. So I left her a little bit of homework to do, sort it out!! heheheh. Hope I still have a job next week. Watch this space.