Thursday, December 01, 2011

Knitting and.....



Designing for a wedding outfit. Now Melbourne in the middle of January is going to be hot, hot, hot.

But the weather is so unpredictable that I am taking precaution and I am making a stunning and very colourful long vest to go over my summer outfit.

It is a very nice pattern from a european magazine and is done in browns, it is a pretty basic stitch pattern but I am appreciating the ease of knitting so that I can concentrate more on the colour. I have hand spun and dyed my own fibre, and using some commercial spun silk that I have dyed as well. Bright blue, grey blue, yellow gold and pinks.

1 comment:

Marion Starr said...

The colours work very well Roz. Lovely combination of warm and cool.
Melbourne weather...!

http://aussieknittingthreads.blogspot.com/