Friday, November 07, 2014

A little bit Shabori

So why not??

I adore shabori and indigo dying.  And I adore spinning silk and knitting it, how perfect for me then to combine the two. 

I have created a challenge for myself, (lacking a challenge in my life or even something I have to create due to a deadline) I work better under a little pressure and the idea that I could make a series of beautiful accessories using my silk, linen and dye just makes my fingers tingle to get on with it.

Boro is in fashion, go check it out.  Traditional Japanese stitching and recycling to the max!

I can not wait for the devine linen to arrive, French linen 4 delightful metres of it to be stitched and dyed and manipulated by me. 

I am even considering hauling out the knitting machine to try some tuck stitches on this as a nice background for tying and dying in the shabori method, silk is so forgiving and casts a beautiful sheen after dying it absorbs the colour and just improves with use and handling, as does linen. 

Natural fibre is the way to go, I can not bring myself to knit with anything else these days, just as well I have boxes and boxes of my handspun silk and merino as well as 3 kilo of silk in various forms, my life is complete.

No comments: