Sunday, November 08, 2009

Baltimore on and on

It feels like I have been stitching baltimore's for years but in truth it has only been 4 months. They are so devine, and as I stitch I remember why I love applique soooo much.
It is relaxing, it's medatative and as I stitch I think about the next block and the colours for it. I have done the cornacopia with fruit and will do an eagle block next perhaps.

Having sorted it all out in EQ6 has been wonderful and allows for me to free up more time for sewing. I have some Christmas pressies to prepare too for class as we have decided on a secret santa for this year and will be going out for dinner like last year but at an Italian resturant this time. Should be great fun. I am doing one of Christine Books little cushions with a blue bird stitchery in the middle, I may even turn it into a small wall hanging for the person I have in mind.

I have been buying a little lace and odds and ends to as I explore the mixed media a little more, as I type I have the embroidery machine chugging along stitching a design that I will then take and manipulate, layer, cut and paint add things to and develop into a little wall hanging.