Thursday, November 26, 2009

Some photo's of the Baltimore Class



Beautiful birds baltimore block - This one was pieced using several methods, the bias circle was machine stitched down, then hand appliqued finished, the birds were done using a lightweight interfacing, bagged and turned through and then stitched down. The flowers, hearts etc were layered over paper templates, tacked, slip stitched down and paper removed from the back. It was finished with a lovely organza ribbon around the outer circle for softness - a really nice block to do and not too difficult.


Finally I am able to post some photo's of the Baltimore blocks, one of my girls took these photo's for her own colour reference and was kind enough to email them to me. Even tho they are not technically well photographed (it was using a phone) I am pleased to be able to show you something of the appliques already done.



This is the first block I had the class do, There are a few ways to approach this one, and after running the class I have decided to replace this block with something else in future.
We used lightweight interfacing, stitched and turned through, then it was to be appliqued down either by hand or by machine, the girls had some trouble turning this one through however so I have had to rethink this block. Even tho the results are nice it isn't my intention for the students to become frustrated by it.