Monday, December 21, 2009

Photoshop with DJ

I am really excited, I have just paid for (read "committed") to an online photoshop class with DJ Pettitt. An American textile artist that I have followed and admired greatly for a long time. DJ is going to show us how to work in photoshop elements so that we can transform our photos into little works of art as she does. It starts soon so if you are interested go to her website and click on her workshop link to join up. I have already started going around with my little camera and taking photos of things I think look good.... Pan, a statue in mum's garden looked perfect and I can not wait to work with him.


I have been quilting, finishing off some Christmas presents for my class ladies, they have done some lovely quilts over the year and I am really more than happy to help out with those last minute panic "gotta get it quilted" moments.
The frame really comes into its own and I am getting much more confidence on free hand quilting - just love it.
This one was a large lap size quilt and I quilted it quiet heavily with gumnuts and gum leaves.
The owner Evol, was very happy with this and I will need to wait till after Christmas to find out if the lucky recipient liked my stitching.