Friday, December 04, 2009

and some more..........


This is the heart block, I have completed half of the berries to show how much more interest the lovely red berry circles make, they are well worth the effort - I use the mylar template to create these, cut your fabric circle and place mylar plastic template circle inside, gather stitch around as normal, pull up so that the fabric is tightly gathered around template, spray with crisp spray starch front and back. Allow to air dry, finally press with iron, be carefull here as the mylar is heat resistant but will melt with too much heat. Allow to cool loosen tacking stitches and remove mylar, you may like to repress the circle again to settle down this lifted area. I do a whole lot at a time so they are done and ready for me to stitch down.

This is one of the lovely basket blocks, a tall basket with lots going on, I love them, I used a lovley chenille cord I purchased for the stem and couched it down with matching DMC - one strand.

I popped some blue in here as I had brought a gorgeous bundle of fabrics from Temora, Pieces for patching and wanted to use these with the browns. The berries this time are burgundy felt from Pioneer Patchwork in Narellan, little circles with red DMC french knots holding them down.

Today I have completed my 6 month class notes and will present the class on Monday. The girls will decide if we are going to do another class next year at Sewrite. This will be a finishing class and additional work with sashing and completing the top.

I will be presenting this class at Pioneer Patchwork at Narellan - (02) 4647 3555 in February 2010, just give Ingrid a call to reserve your spot.