Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Cooking up a storm In Port Macquarie


A week at Port Macquarie, and what to do, well for starters I will be cooking something warm and yummy for Tony. Poor man, he has been without the benefit of home cooking for ages. And while he is not a bad cook himself, there really isn’t anything better than having a few meals put up in the freezer for those late nights after a hard day at work and he can just pull something from the freezer and heat it up.
Last week at work Ingrid made a fabulous soup, she is rather awesome at these soups and the bonus for me is that I not only get lunch made for me but they are Weight Watchers approved. Too good
So I am sharing here the process of this really delightfully good soup with a few of my own twists on it but not too much different from Ingrid’s and truth is I think it would work with many variations.
Capsicums are cheap at the moment so grab 2 or 3 of these, don’t think it matters what colour.
A large onion, garlic cloves, some peppers or paprika, a tin or two of chopped tomatoes, a tin of Cannaleni beans, and two Cherizo sausages. I got two from Coles for about $6.00 and this is the most expensive part but really adds flavour.

Slice up the sausage and pop into pan and fry up a little, chop onion and fry up with sausage, chop up the capsicum, peppers and garlic, chuck in and stir all together, throw in the tomatoes, and cannelenni beans, stir up, I added some water here but stock would be good too. I think the capsicum will break down a little too and add more fluid. Just check it every so often as it simmers and see if more fluid is needed, even a dash of white wine wouldn’t hurt. hahahahah







And the surroundings near the unit we are staying in are very pleasant.


























No comments: