Monday, July 26, 2010

Dissapointment is a reason to have another go

The lovely tunic top that I knitted for Charlotte does not fit her, she has lost weight as she now has a personal trainer and the tunic came out closer to a 16 than a 12 to 14. Never mind, back to the drawing board.
I have cast on straight from a cone of Grafton, (forgive me Ingrid if this is not the done thing) and am knitting the small size. This is a bit of an experiment as I have tweaked the pattern a little to suit my own thoughts about the front shaping and the way the garment falls. It could be that Grafton is a soft, light yarn so having it off the cone may prove to provide a bit more body while I am knitting it. Something I think this particular method of knitting may suit better.
I have two orders for this knit and as these are friends I am not charging them anything for the knitting just a little to cover the yarn cost. It is my chance to knit this again without feeling guilty that I am not making something to be worn and enjoyed. I also get to have a go at dyeing a finished garment which should be fun.
One is to be a deep grey and the other a deep red, yummo.
The first one I made for Charlotte and doesn't fit her is in mid grey and size 16 I shall offer it to anyone it may fit.
I will post some piccies soon, so stay tuned.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um, I'm a 16... Happy to pay for the yarn!

Anonymous said...

Ha, that is hilarious, if it fits, consider it yours.