Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Getting those tops done

I havn't said much about quilting of late but I have been doing it. Trying to get finished up last week on the promised ones and leaving a few very short on time, having to appologise a couple of times for missing a deadline is not a good look.

Left is a panel I did, one of three finished for the Thursday night girls, they will now have to do their own quilting. One was a dinasour quilt, very nice in khaki's and browns, the other was a vintage cars panel quilt top and then finally a comic cat quilt top.





AND - Below, OOOPS -some froggy stitches required




Below is a stunning quilt that one of my Tuesday girls made for her niece in Armidale, for this winter while she is studying, hey luck girl.
I quilted it for Narelle in a circle wavey type free motion style and was really pleased with it.
The more I practice the better I get. For this I charged $50.00 and also did the binding for her.
I have never charged the girls much for the work as it has been all practice for me and I have not minded doing it. I know it is not much for my time but I feel I have really benefited and am so much better with the free motion which is practically all I do now.
Below a close up, what do you think??