Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Fabric bundles






How wonderful are fabric bundles, you know the ones, they are made up of co-ordinating fabrics with appealing colour combinations and usually one stunning feature fabric.


I have two that I had to bring home from work, Kym is a genius at putting fabrics together and altho she doesn't have time to do a lot of quilting she sure does have the quilters colour all worked out, she is in fact an artist so understands the fundamentals of colour that we as crafts people often skip in the hurry to produce a quilt or two.



I have always had a sense of colour and really do not give it too much thought but prefer to wing it in a way. I find if I over think colour combinations is when I get into trouble. I am always open to throwing in that real zinger fabric, you know the one. It is the colour and or design that you would never think to use but just that little bit brings the quilt alive.



I have two color ways in these bundles, a blue base and a brown base. My idea for them was to make a machine cover for the Janome on the frame as it sits out in the open and near a window and I am worried that it may get dust, and damage from being out all the time as it is too complex to take it in and out of the frame.


I am now using the Singer for all my regular sewing as I am waiting to get the Pfaff repaired, I had a look at it to see if it was something minor but it looks like a major timing job for an expert and more money to spend. Oh well such is the sewing life.