Friday, April 17, 2009

Knitting



I am knitting like crazy at the moment which is handy because I am also spending time waiting for family at different times, you know the doctors surgery, getting home late off the train and all that sort of thing. Yes I am mum's taxi, both my adult children don't drive. So portable stitching is a must for me.




I have just ordered some lovely cashmere yarn and await it so that I can work on a few designs I have for shawl and things, not interested in doing garments anymore but shawls and blankets and capes and other largish things are wonderful.




Back to the patchwork and its amazing how many beautiful quilt patterns are available at our disposal, okay the books are expensive but I have just become choosey and only get the books that I know will appeal to me. My most recent purchase was "Your invited" another fabulous book from Blackbird designs. I just love the combination of wonderful blocks and simple yet beautiful applique. Stunning cross stitch and delicous scenes from gardens and antique homes.




So when I am not driving, knitting, or stitching I am perusing a book.


Housework you ask, what's that???