Monday, April 20, 2009

Finding out secrets

Some people dont know one thing about me, and when they do find out they ususally laugh.
Not that I have ever made it a secret - it is just not a topic of conversation that I find myself mentioning too often. It is a fairly important part of my life however and something that I am rather proud of, what is it you ask.

I ride a large motorcycle...... Well not so surprising you may say, lots of women ride motorcycles.
Where I get to shock or surpirse people is when I role up on this big black and chrome monster and get off, remove helmet and gloves and dive into the saddle bags and pull out my knitting.

I love to see the look on peoples faces as I happily sit where ever we have stopped and stitch a few rows of knitting. The guys I ride with are used to me now but passers by often gape wide mouthed at me in all my gear and knitting in lap as I sit happily sipping coffee and getting on with my current project. It is one of those little bits of leisure time that is just the best. Fresh mountain air, sunshine and motorbikes.