Monday, April 27, 2009

My favourite magazine



My favourite magazine is anything by Stampington. I await each issue from Borders impatiently but I do have a limit as unfortunately here in Australia they are expensive.


I love altered couture and Where women create. The Jewelry specials and many others, blogging, altered art, paper and ephemera, quilting arts, etc etc, it goes on and on.


They are a delight and a wonderful showcase of some of the most divine work and artists in their specific medium. This is a newbie Marie




I love altered couture it is a wonderful magazine, full of wonderful art work to wear. I have always knitted but never liked run of the mill jumpers etc. Well the 80's were my prime years and the knitting was very avante garde so I knitted free form and loved it. Anything was okay and pieces were more art than wearable but no one cared. I would knit a dress in a couple of days and then wear it to a disco that weekend, okay so I was cute and had a great figure so I would have looked good in a rag but I still remember the thrill I got from wearing my own creation. I also made and wore my own bikini's both knitted and sewn. No pattern just creating as I went. I am amazed that they were good enough to wear but they were, so I should give myself credit. On hindsight I would have done things better but I didn't know better then.


This apron in the new issue of Belle Amoire sort of reminds me of what I would do when I was younger and never afraid of the outcome. Just go for it and see what happens. How cute is it??
These days I am far more reserved and over think things a bit much. I blame quilting on that because patchwork is very precise. I have been patchworking for so long that I have to think through my work so much more. I was a free spirit in my teens. I must learn to find that joy of creating again and just relearn to enjoy the process and sweat less about the outcome.
I hope you find joy and inspiration always and love what you do, love yourself and let your spirit soar.